What is Mindfulness
- Mindfulness is about being present and being here with kindness.
- It is about connecting more with the body than with our thoughts.
- It takes practice and the classic course is taught over 8 wks.
- Mindfulness is good for you and anyone can do it.
The UK`s N.I.C.E. National Institute for Clinical Excellence recommends the training as a means to significantly reduce the incidence of depressive relapse.
The core skill that you will learn is ‘mindfulness’ – a way of paying attention, on purpose and non-judgementally, to what goes on in the present moment in your body, mind, and the world around you.
- Corporate Talks & Trainings
The 8 week MBSR course for corporate groups…Read More
- Online MBSR Courses
One-to-0ne or group courses, we meet on-line by Skype or Zoom…Read More
- The 8 Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course
we will meet once a week for two hours to practice mindfulness…Read More
- Forest Bathing or mindful walking,
Alison guides forest bathing walks in SE England and mindful walking retreats in S France…Read More
- Monthly Saturday
Afternoon gatherings which may be a walk, a picnic, a “sit”, a virtual retreat or a themed workshop …. Read More
- Video Blog Meditation
Regular video blogs to keep you practicing and inspired…Read More
Alison Prideaux MA
- Started meditating in 1980, Goenke’s Vipassana tradition.
- 2008 Took the eight wk Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course in London with Michael Chaskalson, author of the Mindful Workplace.
- 2018 Completed a 4 yr Postgraduate Diploma at Bangor University in Teaching Mindfulness Based Interventions.
- Taught 25 eight wk courses of MBSR to laypeople, corporate groups, schools, medical staff and those touched by cancer.
- Trained through the Mindfulness In Schools Project to teach children, adolescents and teachers.
- Maintains a regular personal practice and follows the good practice guidelines.
- BSC Environmental Science and MA Landscape Architecture, Sheffield University
- Environmental Planner in London and Boston
- Dive guide in Galapagos for the Charles Darwin Research Station
- ITEC Massage Therapist.
- Has no friends on powder days ( ask a skier)
Alison is enthusiastic about the effectiveness of Mindfulness and the benefits which can be gained through regular practice. She has seen many committed course participants, rise above difficulty and start living life to the full. Thanks to consistent practice, Alison has coped calmly with setbacks and put lifelong depressive relapse behind her. She is keen to pass the gift of mindful living to others so please join a Saturday activity, follow the blogs or attend a free introductory session. There are easy ways to get started!