Alison Prideaux MA, PGDip
- Started meditating in 1980, Goenke’s Vipassana tradition.
- 2008 Took the eight wk Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course in London with Michael Chaskalson, author of the Mindful Workplace.
- 2018 Completed a 4 yr Postgraduate Diploma with Merit at Bangor University in Teaching Mindfulness Based Interventions.
- Taught 25 eight wk courses of MBSR to laypeople, corporate groups, schools, medical staff and those touched by cancer.
- Trained through the Mindfulness In Schools Project to teach children, adolescents and teachers.
- Maintains a regular personal practice and follows the good practice guidelines.
- BSC Environmental Science and MA Landscape Architecture, Sheffield University
- Environmental Planner in London and Boston
- Dive guide in Galapagos for the Charles Darwin Research Station
- ITEC Massage Therapist.
- Has no friends on powder days (ask a skier)
Alison is enthusiastic about the effectiveness of Mindfulness and the benefits which can be gained through regular practice. She has seen many committed course participants rise above difficulty and start living life to the full. Thanks to consistent practice, Alison has coped calmly with setbacks and put lifelong depressive relapse behind her. She is keen to pass the gift of mindful living to others so please join a Saturday activity, follow the blogs or attend a free introductory session. There are easy ways to get started!